If you are looking for answers to a question you have please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Definitions and Notification of Changes
Hippylife may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by Hippylife. Your continued use of Hippylife.co.uk after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
1. You must be 18 years of age or older or you will not be able to enter into a legally binding contract to buy or sell via Hippylife.
1.3. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
2. You must not use Hippylife for any illegal or unauthorized purpose and you agree to comply with all local and international laws (based on where you are selling from and to) regarding online conduct and acceptable content such as libel law and must comply with all local jurisdiction.
3. You must not breach any laws, sell any counterfeit items or otherwise infringe the copyright, trade mark or other rights of third parties.
4. You must not threaten, intimidate, harass or otherwise abuse any other Hippylife user.
5. You are responsible for maintaining that the content you submit is your own and is not owned by others.
6. You are solely responsible for your behaviour and conduct on Hippylife.co.uk including use of all content and data including images [graphics and photos], audio and video clips, links and text [such as conversations] that you post to the Hippylife.co.uk website and linked social media accounts.
7. You must not modify or adapt or ‘hack’ Hippylife.co.uk or seek to create another website or communication to users that implies it is associated to Hippylife.co.uk
8. You must not produce unwanted communications [spam] to other users of Hippylife.
9. You are responsible for keeping your password secure.
10. You must not transmit or seek to transmit any viruses or any code that seeks to alter the behaviour of the Hippylife site or that is in any way destructive.
11. Under no circumstances will Hippylife. be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses where foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of Hippylife regardless of the form of action.
Goods for Sale - Handmade
12. If you seek to sell products then all goods sold as “handmade” must be deemed not to have been produced through “mass production” methods and must be the original design or produce of the seller.
13. You must not list prohibited items – for a list of such items please refer to prohibited items list. Hippylife reserves the right to change this list at any time and without notice.
Content and Copyright
14. You [“the user”] in using Hippylife allow Hippylife the right to re-use, edit, modify, re-purpose and re-publish the content. “You” retain rights over copyright of all such content yet provide a license for Hippylife to use this content both on and offline in perpetuity (see also point 27.).
15. You must not post, list or upload false, inaccurate, misleading or defamatory content (including personal information).
16. You must not copy, modify, or distribute Hippylife's copyrighted works or trade marks, or other content from the Site, without our express consent.
19. Your content must be your own original work which you have the right to make available and is not defamatory, does not infringe any law and indemnify Hippylife against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by Hippylife as a result of your breach of the above warranty.
Sales and Returns
20. Please refer to the Sales and Returns policy.
21. You must able to form a legally binding contract of sale to be a member of Hippylife. This restricts membership to those of 18 years of age or over unless you have the explicit permission of your parent or guardian who must supervise [and be ultimately responsible for] the account.
Data and Privacy
22. You must not collect information about users, including email addresses, without their express consent.
23. You must not hold multiple accounts in order to sell the same goods as this constitutes ‘spam’ and unfair manipulation of the Hippylife service.
24. You must not solicit for new business on Hippylife or use hippylife.co.uk to send unsolicited communications except to ask or inform others about Hippylife business (items, postage etc.). Any such action will result in your account being deleted and possible action taken with your company or ISP (internet service provider).
Changes to the Service
26. Hippylife retains the right to terminate or change the service for any reason at any time without notice.
29. You shall not link out from Hippylife to your own shop or other selling platform. Hippylife is to be primarily used as a platform for selling and not as a lead generator / marketing platform for your own site or other services and platforms.
30. You agree to pay the fees set out in our Fees Policy.
If you break the above terms then your account will be suspended and possibly terminated. Hippylife seeks to promote legal activity and well behaved conduct on its site however, you understand and agree in using the site that Hippyife is a ‘place’ and is not responsible for the content posted on the site and that you may be exposed to content and behaviour that contravenes the above Terms and as such you use the Hippylife service at your own risk.